GENERAL SUMMARY - Dangerous Goods Agent
As a Dangerous Goods Agent, you will need to ensure the proper acceptance, storage, handling, loading of dangerous goods and the correctness and retention of related documents required by legislation and Fedex policy. To handle spills of dangerous goods and respond to questions from staff and customers on the handling of dangerous goods. To provide awareness training to other staff.
KNOWLEGDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Canadian High School Diploma or GED Equivalent (Proof will be required)
- Ability to complete and maintain all dangerous goods certifications
- Ability to type 25 wpm Data Entry Alphanumeric - assessment will be administered
- Ability to lift 70 pounds or maneuver any package weighing up to 150 pounds with appropriate equipment or assistance from another person
- Must possess a valid full driver's license and have a good driving record.(Copy of current drivers abstract from Ministry of Transportation is required)
- Burlington, ON
- 1 position available
STARTING WAGE: 14.66 per hour.
Schedule is based on business needs and maybe subject to change.
Must possess a flexible availability to accommodate various shifts from appx. Monday-Friday 4:30 pm-8:00pm. The schedule will include vacation coverage, sick calls and any other business requirements.
The successful candidates will be offered a job with FedEx Express based on the successful completion of a typing test, interview and a clean criminal record.
FedEx delivers a comprehensive benefit program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs.
Benefit plans: medical, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics